2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
    IB said he expects Porter to be back by the next game. Said he had a knee bruise, was on the bike/treadmill today.
    This is really good news. I hated losing to KSU but was more concerned about losing our starting point guard. One game isn’t going to ruin our season but losing our point guard could.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      IB: Need to start pulling guys for turnovers.

Does that include terrible shots?
      Ride or die
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

MK sugarcoating as usual. Said this game was an outlier on the offensive end.
        I listened to most of the show as well(that Crazy Popeyes drive through line!) While Mike is the king of sugar coating, I don't remember that...thought they owned it, even going back two games...

A quick Mike aside....his voice fades at the end of every question or comment...better by FAR than the KU clown, who is an affront to broadcasting...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I listened to most of the show as well(that Crazy Popeyes drive through line!) While Mike is the king of sugar coating, I don't remember that...thought they owned it, even going back two games...

A quick Mike aside....his voice fades at the end of every question or comment...better by FAR than the KU clown, who is an affront to broadcasting...
          That guy reminds me of Judge Smalls from Caddyshack.

Comment

anyone have a link for the replay? I've searched to no avail...

update: here it is, you have to click on Zach Gelb (of course!) https://www.audacy.com/kfh/listen#schedule

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

He said the offensive performance on Sunday was an outlier...

Comment

Just listened. Kennedy acts like he's apologizing for asking half the questions. I thought IB did a good job addressing the issues. He said the players would be on tighter leashes and he needs to start pulling guys for turning the ball over. Talked a lot about "hero ball" - we all know who he's referencing. He talked about getting Joe P. more looks. No mention on lineup changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  He said the players would be on tighter leashes and he needs to start pulling guys for turning the ball over.
                  I'll believe it when I see it. Why didn't he do it during the game, and games past? Everyone could see what he's referring to, but nothing is done during the game, not even for a short minute, and sideline talk, and then put back in. I've always thought IB had too long of a leash on players.

Comment

What happens if he sits guys for a few turnovers but ETN continues his circus shots? How's that going to go over in the locker room?

Comment

What happens if he sits guys for a few turnovers but ETN continues his circus shots? How's that going to go over in the locker room?
                      no idea, but without pointing fingers, he said they're addressing it. Like Shockm said, let's see if he really does the things he's talking about.

Comment

Should be a non issue...fact is your best player always has a longer leash, and that's on every team.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Should be a non issue...fact is your best player always has a longer leash, and that's on every team.
                          A longer leash is fine, but this has become one of those retractable leashes with no button to stop it.

Comment

When Erik Stevenson is chucking, he's just prematurely ejaculating shots from all over the floor to assert himself as a leader, and to show the world how good he is.

When Tyson Etienne is chucking, it's because he thinks the team is depending on him to carry them.

They are both forcing stupid shots, but with very different motivations.

I'll bet ya my next bottle of Listerine that Tyson is educable, and when the coach tells him "You aren't saving the team, you're killing it, by not sharing the ball and helping others get good shot opportunities", he will listen.

Tyson doesn't need to be put in a corner and grounded for 2 weeks. He needs to be shown on tape how much damage he did to his team, and then he will change his behavior.

We absolutely want the AAC PoY starting every single game. But we also expect him to let the game come to him, instead of forcing it. We also expect him to make the others around him better and involve them, not try to carry them on his shoulder.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              When Erik Stevenson is chucking, he's just prematurely ejaculating shots from all over the floor to assert himself as a leader, and to show the world how good he is.

When Tyson Etienne is chucking, it's because he thinks the team is depending on him to carry them.

They are both forcing stupid shots, but with very different motivations.

I'll bet ya my next bottle of Listerine that Tyson is educable, and when the coach tells him "You aren't saving the team, you're killing it, by not sharing the ball and helping others get good shot opportunities", he will listen.

Tyson doesn't need to be put in a corner and grounded for 2 weeks. He needs to be shown on tape how much damage he did to his team, and then he will change his behavior.

We absolutely want the AAC PoY starting every single game. But we also expect him to let the game come to him, instead of forcing it. We also expect him to make the others around him better and involve them, not try to carry them on his shoulder.
                              Agreed. TE is a smart guy and from everything I have heard and have seen from him he is willing to listen and learn. We shall see if that is truly the case.

Comment

As of right now I would seriously question whether or not TE is our best player.
                                His stats for this year are in the toilet.
                                He was pretty good last year as a catch and shoot SG - needs to return to that.
                                He is the MAIN reason our offense has under performed. That is on him AND IB.
                                I cannot point to one strength in his game right now. Lots of weaknesses.
                                The sooner he returns to SG limiting his shots to good squared up looks the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X